Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Marshall Softball & LA Times CIF Top 100 Athletes


While I was in West Virginia,
I was also able to take a
spur of the moment trip
to Marshall University.
The funny thing is almost
exatly one year ago, I spoke
at Marshall about Title IX
but the team was out of
town so I didn't get to
meet them. 
This time I was able to talk
to the whole team and had
dinner with the coaching
staff.  What a blessing to
talk about the Lord with
Division I softball coaches!
These coaches are making
a huge difference.  I was
able to share about how God
truly got a hold of me in
college.  I had some great
dialog with a few of the
girls on the team.

I was also completely humbled,
honored and surprised to be
named by the Los Angeles Times
as one of the hundred greatest
athletes in the CIF (California
Interscholastic Federation)
Southern section in the last 100
years!  There were only 3 softball
players on the list: myself, and
two Olympic Teammates:
Lisa Fernandez, and Stacey
Nuveman.  Other names include
Jackie Robinson, Tiger Woods,
Lisa Leslie, Julie Foudy, Tony
Gwynn and Pete Sampras.
Click HERE to see the
article.



No comments:

Post a Comment