Wednesday, June 6, 2012

From Oklahoma City

I'm in Oklahoma City for the Women's College World Series. This is my 2nd year doing Radio for NCAA and Dial Global Sports. I have really enjoyed being a color analyst for both ESPN & radio. I get to talk about a sport that consumed my life for over 20 years. It's fun to share my insight for the game. Oklahoma & Alabama are playing tonight for the National Championship. They have played 2 games so far, each team won once. Both teams are very talented. Both have stellar pitching, speed & power in their line-ups, & great coaching. I have been able to spend some time with the Oklahoma Coach, Patty Gasso, and her husband, Jim. I have been inspired by their faith in the Lord and how this team has been striving to glorify God in their play. It is a true testimony to how God works in us and then through us when we seek to know Him more. I know tonight's game will be a battle. I also know that God's will is going to be done. I just pray that people will see the light of the Lord in the lives of the athletes on the field who love Him and are playing for an audience of ONE. The crowds have been awesome! Last night there were 8,385 fans in attendance- The only other games with that type of crowd was when the Olympics were in Atlanta and We won the first ever Olympic Gold Medal for the sport of Softball!

No comments:

Post a Comment